There's not been much blogging of late as we got some bad news from home and decided to head back to Scotland to be with my family.
As many of you will already know, my Dad was re-diagnosed with cancer in June. His condition worsened over the summer and sadly, he passed away on 28th August. I am so thankful to have made it back to Scotland in order to spend some time with him. It has been such a hard time for us all but there have been so many wonderful people around us, helping us and keeping us going. I know my Dad would be going mental if he thought we were all getting upset over him, so I'm just going to finish with publishing the last poem he ever wrote. This is from his time in Ward 6 at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. He had some sense of humour by the way...
Ode to the Commode
Today a major incident
It really wasn't much fun
The source of it came quite quickly
Straight oot ma fummin bum
My guts are full of you know what
So get planted on the commode
Make all the right noises
To make sure you overload
The chanty was full in seconds
It was turning into a farce
The now had two sticks below my arse
Trying to force me aff
They tried to pull me aff with a wee ward crane
But the batteries were deid
So I was still left sitting
With the keech up to my heid
A bit of pushing and shoving
Finally got us free
Then quick hose doon
And we're as happy as could be
Andy McAvoy
R.S.S.P.
Lorna.
4 comments:
Hi Lorna, thanks for sharing the poem with us all. ;o)
See you soon
That was absolutely brill - lovin' the tribute yer da. It's good to remember someone with fondness and a smile and that poem certainly does that for me.
Lorna thats a great wee poem - brought tears to my eyes (sadness and laughter). Cracking picture of the 2 of you aswell xx
Hey Lorna, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It must have been a very difficult time for you but I am very pleased to hear that you have had some wonderful friends around you. I am sure you have many happy memories to treasure and you will have those forever. Your Dad wrote a great poem which put a big smile on my face. Take care of yourself and Iain and keep in touch. Lots of Love, Wee fine Jen XXXXX
Post a Comment